Social rules are not like the normal rules that are written down and enforced by law, these rules are quite different, they are rules of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that are deemed acceptable in a particular culture.
It provides you with an expected idea of how to behave to provide order in society. It is used to examine all levels of human interaction.
Here are 10 social rules, I believe when followed would help you for a long time.
- Never advise until you are asked.
- Make it a habit to praise “publicly” and criticize “privately”
- If a person is speaking to you, starting at your mobile phone is rude.
- Return anything that was borrowed from you,(in most cases, money) even before the person asks for it.
- Mind your business, unless it’s something that involves you.
- Say “Thank you” even for the little things done for you.
- If you tease someone, and they don’t seem to like it, stop and don’t ever do it again.
- Never order the most expensive dish on a menu, when someone is offering to pay for your meal.
- Do not comment on people’s weight, unless they want to talk about it with you.
- After reading a good message, always leave a comment of appreciation.
Here are 10 social rules I believe would help you in the long run. Did I forget any, let me know in the comments section below, Thank you.