It is said that dandruff causes hair to grow, well that’s true but the hair that grows is likely to be less healthy and more prone to damage and breakage than the hair grown on a healthy scalp.
What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is a dry, white flake of skin found in the hair, which is caused by dryness of the scalp which results in itching.
Signs that you have dandruff
If you start noticing white flakes inside your hair, eyebrows or even your beards, or you are always itching your hair so bad, that it has resulted to redness of the scalp. Ensure to follow these easy fixes.
1) Stop scratching: I know how this sounds, unrealistic but it’s going to prevent a whole lot of damage. Whenever you itch your hair so much, you could end up giving yourself an injury, which could expose your hair to all kinds of infections and I don’t need to tell you more.
2) Shampoo more often: If you are the type of person who shampoos monthly, then when dandruff comes knocking, trust me it’s gonna be your door first. Shampoo frequently and make use of an anti-dandruff shampoo.
3) Use Lemon Juice: This is very helpful, speaking from experience. Get some lemon, juice it and apply to your scalp, let it wait for 10-20 minutes, rinse with water then shampoo after.
4) Yoghurt: This helps to reduce itching. All you need do is shampoo your hair, apply the yoghurt then wait for 10 minutes, rinse off and shampoo after. You can’t afford to be taking yoghurt on a daily basis and still have dandruff. Place your priorities straight.
5) Make use of Baking Soda: This helps to exfoliate the skin and remove excess oil on your scalp, but it shouldn’t be taken often to avoid irritation.
6) Ensure your scalp is never dry by having a coconut oil massage.
7) Take Foods Rich in Biotin: You want healthy hair, nails, skin, then eat foods rich in Vitamin B7 as this helps to achieve that.
A lot of people are struggling with dandruff, after using many things, I just hope this post was helpful. Please rate, drop a comment, and kindly share. Thank you.