You will agree with me that Bible names are very common, most especially in this part of the world. You hear names like Mark, John, Mary, Peter, Esther, Faith, Peace, Joy and many more, no offence to people bearing these names, but the truth is there are so many other Bible names that despite rare, are still very nice with wonderful meanings.
Today we will be looking at 7 unusual but spectacular Bible names you can give your girl child. Let’s find out what these names are.
- Chloe: I bet you never thought it was a Bible name, well it is. Chloe is mentioned in 1Corinthians as a prominent early Christian woman in Corinth, Greece. Its origin is Greek and the meaning of Chloe is New growth.
- Ada: Not your usual native name, but a name which origin is Hebrew, Adah is seen as a name twice in the book of Genesis. The name “Ada” means Noble and Happy.
- Abigail: Abigail was a knowledgeable, wealthy and beautiful woman, she is regarded as one of the few female prophets of the Old Testament. Its origin is Hebrew, which means “My Father’s Joy”.
- Damaris: The name ” Damaris” is mentioned in the book of Acts of the Apostles as being a Christian convert in Athens. Its origin is Greek and it means tame and gentle.
- Eve: Remember her? Yeah. The first woman in the Bible and the first female name to be mentioned. Its origin is Hebrew as well and it has a beautiful meaning, Giver of Life.
- Jemimah: Jemimah was one of the three daughters of Job. Its origin is Hebrew and it means Dove.
- Candace: Its origin is Latin and Ethiopian. Oh that’s good, for a change. The name Candace can be found in the book of Acts as the Queen of the Ethiopians. She was also baptized by the apostle Philip as the chief of the treasury. It means Queen or Pure.
Consider these beautiful names for your girl child, and give her a name so rare and significant, that whenever it’s called, she stands up feeling proud, not looking around to be sure is her, because 7 other people bear that name in the crowd.
Any suggestion for other rare Bible names for the girl child, do let us know, what it is, together with it’s meaning in the comments section below, and stay tuned cause the next one will be for the boys.