Is it your first time wearing braces, or you’ve been wearing them for a while now, well you probably know by now that there are some things you should avoid while wearing braces, so your braces don’t get twisted, and you don’t hurt yourself?
Well let’s take a look at 7 things you should never do
- Eating the wrong food: There is nothing as bad as eating the wrong foods, when wearing braces twisting, getting it all messed up, and having to wait for an appointment to get your messed up braces fixed. Don’t eat Hard and Crunchy foods such as chips, carrots, and many more.
- Chewing on Non-Food Items: Chewing things like a rubber band, your finger, your pencil is not only unhygienic but is also bad for your teeth.
- Using Your Teeth As A Tool: No, don’t ever use your teeth as a device for anything, when wearing braces. You find a lot of people who open their drinks with their teeth, but that isn’t safe for you, so don’t do it.
- Avoid Foods With Sugar: Too much sugar can weaken the glue that holds the brackets onto your teeth. This will cause harm to the braces, and also improve your chances of developing cavities.
- Bruxism: This is also known as Teeth Grinding. It is a social anxiety response for most people and the only way to reduce it is to lower your stress levels. However, there are better ways to handle Bruxism such as wearing a nightguard given to you by your Orthodontist while you sleep to keep your teeth and braces safe while you sleep.
Are there some other things you believe people with braces shouldn’t do, or from experience, you have some valid info to give people with braces, do make use of the comments section below for that?