Fans have been in disbelief ever since word spread that famous Nollywood actress Ada Ameh had passed away.
Remember that we mentioned her tragic passing?
The actress passed away on Sunday night. She was most known for playing Emu in the Africa Magic family drama, The Johnsons.
Ten facts you should know about the late actress are listed below:
- The actress was born in Ajegunle, Lagos State, on May 15, 1974.
- Ameh was an Idoma, Benue State, native.
- The actress was raised in Lagos and attended basic and secondary school there before quitting at the age of 14.
- She was exposed to early sex, which led to her being pregnant with her daughter Aladi at the age of 14.
- Ameh made her Nollywood debut in 1995 in Zeb Ejiro’s Domitila, in which she portrayed Anita.
- Most recently, the distinguished actress was well-known for her significant performance as Emu in the Africa Magic family drama series The Johnsons.
- The actress appeared in a number of other films, such as “Oloture,” “Our Husband,” “King of Shitta,” “Ghana Must Go,” “A Million Baby,” and “My Village People,” among others.
- The actress’s daughter Aladi passed away in October 2022 as a result of a botched procedure in Abuja.
- Ameh stated that her mental health troubles were “stealing her life” in June 2022.
- On July 17, 2022, the actress passed away at 48.
Emeka Rollas, the president of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, verified the information over the phone to The PUNCH on Monday morning.