On Monday, 5th April 2021, His Majesty, Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri and king of the Itsekiri kingdom was announced dead. Today the 21st of August 2021, his eldest son Prince Tsola Emiko became the 21st Olu of Warri. He will now be addressed as the Ogiami Atuwatse III.
His coronation ceremony was unique as he displayed the strength of his Christianity through singing and worshipping of God.
He went on to deliver an impeccable speech worthy of an educated king. Watch his speech below;
Video Credit: VOS TV NEWS
Key Points of His Speech
- He reversed a curse placed on the land by his grandfather who was offended and replaced it with blessings.
- In centuries, he is the first eldest son to ascend the throne.
- In centuries, he is the first king whose mother was alive to witness his coronation. He changed her title from Olori Atuwase II to Iyowu Atuwase II.
- He is the first king whose mother was neither from Itsekiri or Benin.
- He gave his wife a new title. She is no longer Princess Ivie Emiko. She is now to be addressed as Olori Atuwatse III.
- He offered a hand of friendship to neighboring kingdoms. Stating that he does not wish for his kingdom to grow in isolation.
- He promised to support the women of the land and the youths.
The Olu of Warri is also known to be highly stylish. Here are some pictures of him in his fashion element.
Organ transplant has been a serious medical predicament affecting people all over the glob…