I’m sure you must have come across these two words before( Empath, Empathy) and you might be wondering what it actually means. An Empath is a person who steps into the shoes of another person with the aim of understanding their feelings and perspectives and to use that understanding to guide their actions while Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
Most people mistake Sympathy for Empathy, forgetting they are two different words with different meanings. Sympathy focuses more on feeling sorrowful about a person’s misfortune but Empathy is more than that, here you put yourself in such person’s shoes and that guides your action on how you behave towards such people.
Here are some questions, I’ve already answered. What is different about this set of questions from every other questions are the fact that they all have the same answer which is ” I AM AN EMPATH”.
- I am someone, I often have tender and concerned feelings for people that are less fortunate than me. Who am I?
- I try to look at everyone’s side of an argument, before I make a decision. Who am I?
- I am underrated by the society, I am seen as being too weak, vulnerable and easy to manipulate. Who am I?
- I’m a rare specie, I’ve been taken for granted cause i cared so much for people. I’m misunderstood most of the time. I’m misread and judged by other people. Who am I?
- What I see as an act of kindness for others, other people see it as being too nice and nosy in their business. Who am I?
- I’m being stepped upon and taken advantage of because I care so much about other people. Who am I?
- I’m very sensitive and emotional and I have deep concern for others, and may be a bit clingy towards people who are close to me. Who am I?
If you could relate to most of these questions, and you could see yourself in them, then you are an Empath. Most people feel ashamed of accepting the facts that they are Empaths due to how Empaths are looked upon in the society nowadays, or past experiences on how they were treated just because they were Empaths, so they tend to act all tough with no regards for humanity.
The truth about Empaths which most people don’t know is that despite the fact that they are underrated in the society and are stepped upon and taken advantage of cause of their act of kindness towards people. Empaths are rare gems that have spectacular super powers which include mind-reading ability, ability to handle people’s emotion. They transform negativity into something positive.They turn their sensitivity into a weapon for public benefit.
Try as much as possible to focus on Self-Empathy which I feel most empaths lack, because they are so concerned about other people’s feeling and finding a way to help them, that they forget to put themselves in their own shoes and understand, care and love themselves. So, before looking down at yourself just cause you are an empath, remember you are special and a rare gem and Empathy is a super-power, you alone can turn it into a blessing instead of a curse. So I’m going to ask you, yes. you reading, ARE YOU AN EMPATH?
This is exactly who I am lol
Never knew there was a difference ?