About this Competition
The annual international competition in Creative writing is instituted by KANAC as a way of harnessing and utilizing the human creative and imaginative potentials towards solving the myriad problems of human existence. The competition aims at creating healthy fora for the synergy of ideas, craftsmanship, and artistry which could be channeled towards constructively solving many challenges of our time. The competition also affords KANAC the opportunity of discovering and nurturing new talents in the creative writing industry.
The team of experts at KANAC believe that despite the seeming differences in the formats for writing Poetry, Drama and Prose fiction, there exists a nexus, an underlying similarity in the expression of the creative enterprise which they all share. This underlying similarity therefore, makes it possible for the best expression of a particular thematic thrust, as well as great utilization of artistry and craftmanship within a specific genre, to emerge as the overall winner in a competition. Each year therefore, the members of the KANAC board will propose a theme, which will be used for that year’s competition.
Popular posts: Click to read
This competition is open to anyone, above 18 years of age, that is interested in the art of creative writing, irrespective of citizenship or race.
Intending participants are encouraged to submit only one original entry in any of these categories: Poetry, Drama or Prose.
All submitted entries MUST be made on the KANAC Competiton Portal. There MUST not be anything like name(s) or other forms of identity on the manuscript being submitted.
The personal details of the person making submissions (like names) will be required while the person is signing up at the KANAC submission portal.
Once the intending participants has successfully paid the required submission fee on our secure payment platform, permission will be given to uploaded your entry. It is only when this fee is confirmed as paid, will the submission process be completed.
All successful submissions will be automatically acknowledged via email.
Deadlines and Timelines
- Deadline for submission of all entries. 11 pm on 30th April 2021.
- Deadline for the notification of all successful participants in the First Shortlist & Screening. 15th May 2021
- Deadline for notification of all successful participants in the second shortlists and commencement of revision under the guidance of the coaches in the KANAC Creative Writing Training Programs. 29th May 2021
- The final date for the announcement of the overall winner. 1st June 2021
- The date for the Award ceremony. 4th June 2021
- The date for the release of the 2021 “Call for Submission”. 18th June 2021
- Deadline for revisions of the selected works for publication. 30th July 2021
- Deadline for online publication of the various anthologies. 30th August 2021