All telecommunications operators in Nigeria were directed by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to block all SIM cards that are not registered with National Identity Numbers(NIN) within the time period of 2 weeks which will end on December 31, 2020.
This makes registering respective SIM card numbers a paramount priority of every Nigerian.
2709updates has compiled the necessary steps to take in order to link your phone number with NIN.
BELOW ARE THE STEPS TO TAKE TO REGISTER YOUR PHONE NUMBER WITH NIN.
For Airtel Users:
If you are Airtel user, then follow the these steps to link your numbers with NIN;
- Dial *121# on your Airtel line
- Type 1 for ‘NIN capture’ and send
- Enter Your 11-digit ‘NIN number and send
- Wait for the message of submission confirmation from your line operators.
(If you get an error message, wait for some minutes and then try again)
For MTN Users:
If you are an MTN user, then follow these steps to link your phone number with NIN;
- Simply dial *785# and submit your NIN number “OR” go to https://mtnonline.com/nim/ using your phone number or computer, complete your NIN form here by submitting your name, phone number, NIN number and email address.
For GLO and 9MOBILE Users:
If you are Glo or 9mobile user, simply go to your service provider office to register your link your phone numbers with NIN.
Ensure you carry your Sim pack and NIN number along. An affidavit will be required from you if you don’t have your sim pack.