Going for an interview is something that leaves many uneasy, and it’s very normal to feel that way, but everyone wants to nail their interview and get that dream job.
How do you do this, I’ve got you covered with these 5 tips.
Are you ready? Let’s go
- Inquire about the company you are interviewing for: This is a very valid tip, knowing key things about the company, will give your interviewer a good impression of you, and he/she will believe you have a real interest in the company.
- Get Started From Home: It isn’t till you are seated in front of your canvasser the interview starts, right from your home, get the right attitude on. Many have lost jobs, because unknown to them, the man they quarreled with at the bus stop was their boss. If you don’t want that to be your case, you know what to do.
- Maintain Eye Contact: This gives the interviewer the impression that you are relaxed, and not under pressure. This is one of the greatest tips when going for an interview.
- Be Yourself: Don’t try too hard to make a good first impression, that you end up ruining it, be you, be polite, be real, and see how it all works out in your favor.
- Follow up instantly: A lot of people don’t know this, but it’s proper you send a handwritten note of appreciation, you could give him/her one-on-one or preferably send an e-mail, thanking the interviewer for their time to meet up with you.
The next time you are going for an interview, make use of these tips and I bet, you won’t regret it.