Relationships are a big deal and the way you handle it matters a lot. Beautiful and long-lasting relationships didn’t just happen overnight. We have relationships that started well and ended unexpectedly and we also have relationships that didn’t really start well but along the line, they became amazing relationships.
You know sometimes we look at the couples who have been together for a very long time and they are still happy and we ask, ” What is the secret to a beautiful and long-lasting relationship” and they tell us ” For you to have such you must love each other, trust each other and support one another” and I’m like, just that? cause i know of relationships that had love, support, trust and still crashed.
What then will we say was missing? What was the problem? After talking to a large number of persons from the one’s that had their relationship going on well to those in broken relationships and even to the single people. I then realized there was no secret to a beautiful and long-lasting relationship. There is no secret formula( Spongebob Squarepants)
I got to know that when you are in a relationship, the little things matter, the things we think are less important really matters. I’ll mention quite a number of them
- Love your partner unconditionally and constantly remind them of how lucky you are to have them in your life.
- Support each other in every little way. Yes other people might be supportive but it hits differently when the person you love supports you.
- Trust one another, without even having any little bit of doubt, cause once you start doubting your partner, It’s normal for there to be issues along the line.
- Understanding and Commitment is key in every relationship. I say that a lot. No beautiful relationship worked out without these.
- Compliment your partner a lot. Be your bae’s personal hype-man. Whenever your bae puts on a nice outfit, compliment him/her. It goes a long way. It makes them feel good about themselves.
- Buy him/her gifts, appreciate each other, send sweet messages to each other,. Always try to communicate with one another. A sweet message from the person you love can lit up your day.
- Accept each other flaws. Never compare one another. Don’t bring matters or faults of your past relationships into your present one. Pray for one another and most especially remember ” A COUPLE THAT PRAYS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER”
I’m not a relationship expert. I’m not perfect either. I learn everyday cause I’m human and I want each and everyone reading this to please take a few points here and try applying it in their relationship or the one’s to come. I hope you had fun reading this as much as i had writing.
THANKS FOR READING
Have you wondered what your love language may be or your partner’s love language may…