Have you ever asked yourself this particular question, “The people making it big in this country, what are they doing, that I’m not doing” and if you’ve happened to give yourself any of these answers, then I can boldly say you are the root of your problem. “Oh, their parents are wealthy, that’s why or They didn’t get their money through legit means”
I tell you 70% of Nigerians who have made it big, hustled their way to the top, without their family support, yeah considering the state of the country, you are right to say, some didn’t get it the right way, but then are you surprised.
The 7 Things You Must Do:
- Put God first: Either you agree or not, It’s a fact. If you don’t put God first in anything you do, It’s going to shatter. Did you see that, I said shatter, that means it might work out, but not for long, and when it does shatter, it’s going to be very hard to come out of it, so to avoid such, you know what to do.
- Be Passionate About Your Work: It’s one thing to be good at something, it’s another to be passionate about it. The only thing that keeps an average Nigerian from quitting from something he’s good at, and also striving to make it is passion.
- Leave Your Comfort Zone: If you are still sitting at home, waiting for an opportunity to come to your doorstep, then you are the biggest joke in the country. The government is not going to help you, you should know that by now. Go out and hustle.
- Be Creative: A lot of people are into fashion, digital marketing, music, arts, blogging, and so on, what makes your work unique? Why should your work be chosen out of the millions of people who do a similar thing? These should be the questions running through your mind every time. The level of your creativity determines how big you make it. People want something they’ve never seen before and if you can give them that, you’ve most certainly won their heart.
- Take Calculated Risks: I keep telling people, everything in life is a risk, if you keep thinking about the bad effects and forget the good, you would never make it in this life. It’s as simple as that. If you want to make it in Nigeria, take risks.
- Network: As much as we want a country where the son of a nobody can become somebody without knowing anybody. We want that, but we don’t have that yet, so please work with what you have. My brother/sister please network, go out, meet connected people, make friends, Go to places where like-minded people are, It’s going to help you in a very good way.
- The last but not least, be of help to the people close to you, this is good in any way you look at it. Even if things aren’t working out for you as they should, if you can be of support to others, do it without hesitation, and watch what will become of you.
Now I don’t know if you support everything I wrote here, but that’s why I love the comment section, it allows readers air their view, please kindly make use of the comment section below and please share, thank you.